Wednesday 26 August 2009

Fallen Fighter x

Sad times at the academy. An announcement was made at training last night. One of our guys lost his life on Friday.

Antony Loobey (who is featured in my post "3rd Grab and Pull Competition") was a fantastic guy who put his all into his training. I didn't know him outside of the academy but what I did know of him was enough. We were the only two fighters representing Andy's at the Brighton comp in July and he did everything he could to help me train and warm-up, helping me through only my second competition. He touched a lot of people and was such a kind person who never had a bad word to say about anyone or anything.

++++++

You were a wicked training partner - you will be missed on the mats at Andy's! Hope you're dishing out cheeky arm-bars and triangles up there :) We'll miss you!

R.I.P Antony xx Vaya con Dios
1982 - 2009



No comments:

Post a Comment